Well January is all wrapped up and there are some things I learned this month that I thought I would share. Emily Freeman over at her blog has a link up party each month for others to share what they learned too.
- Democracy Jeans. Ok so it is was time for me to accept that Old Navy or Target might not make the best jeans for a 42 year old Mom of 4. I went shopping with a friend to Nordstrom Rack (which I hardly ever do) and she was exchanging a pair of Democracy Jeans for a different size. I decided to give these jeans a try. To say I love them would be an understatement. They have a stretchy band around the waist that makes my muffin top so happy. (Did I just admit to my muffin top online?) Try them out for $39 they were so worth it.
- Kids remember what to do when there is money involved. We could talk for days about philosophies on kids doing work around the house. They are part of our family and are expected to help out. But in our house this was a constant battle. I was nagging all the time and so frustrated with kids not taking care of their own stuff. This month we started using Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace Jr. It has been a game changer around here. All four kids have charts with chores which they get paid for on Sunday. I have nagged less and more has been done this week than ever before. They have to do their jobs every day to earn commision at the end of the week. If they miss one day then no pay. Check it out it.
- Planning for lunch after church on Sunday is a great idea. Our church doesn’t get out till 12:30 and we get home around 1 each week. This makes lunch late and people are starving. The last 3 weeks I have put something in the crockpot for lunch. It has been so nice to walk into lunch already prepared.
- I love Periscope. Are you familiar with Periscope? It is kind of like a live YouTube. You can subscribe to people on the app and then you will be notified when they are live. You can interact and comment while they are talking. It has been fun to get to know new bloggers and also to hear the voices behind their words. My favorite scoper is Stacey from Humorous Homemaking. She is really funny. I am thinking about starting to use Periscope. I would love to have you join me soon.
- Motherhood can be lonely. This year is a big year of transition for me. My baby is in school everyday for a full day. So that means I can count on alone time 5 days a week. I dreamed of these days and am loving them. But there is something interesting that has happened I have gotten lonely. Although I love the quiet and the freedom it brings me, it is a real transition. I am looking at this time as a chance for new opportunities and new friendships. Also being confident that I will find my groove in this new stage but that it will take time.