This next week I am attending my very first blogging conference in Dallas Texas. The name of the conference is Declare. It is a gathering of Christian women who write about declaring God’s word online. So in order to get to know everyone a little bit better Declare is hosting a link up party and asking everyone to share some fun facts about ourselves.
4 Fun Facts About Me.
- I have been married to my sweet husband for 13 years. We met when we were 18 and dated off and on for 8 years including breaking up 3 times. He is am amazing blessing to me and the best father to our kiddos.
- God has blessed me with 4 kids Cadyn 11, Griffin 9, Tanner 6, and Madeline Joy almost 4. I always wanted 4 kids and had no idea how crazy having 4 kids would be. Being a mom of a bigger family has taught me more about God and myself than I ever imagined.
- Before I was a stay at home Mom I was an elementary school teacher. My favorite grade to teach was 1st because I love to be a part of kids learning to read.
- I have lived all over California. Some of my childhood was spent in Southern California but most of it in the San Francisco Bay Area in a town called Pleasanton. I went to college in San Diego and now live in the Los Angeles area.
4 Endearing Quirks
- I don’t want anyone to touch my feet with their feet. Like if my someone’s feet touch mine under the table YUCK! A pedicure doesn’t bother me in fact I love a good pedicure.
- I love old school hip hop and rap music. When I listen to it in the car by myself then I imagine that I am an amazing dancer.
- When I am given change at a drive thru it grosses me out for the person to touch my hand. Especially if they have long dirty nails.
- I have a really dry sense of humor. Most of the time my jokes are only for those to hear sitting by me. I have dreams of being a stand up comedian some day.
4 Things About My Blog/Writing.
- I have been reading blogs since 2005 and even started a blog way back then. I have always wanted to write more consistently and be part of the blogging community. So Declare is a big move for me that I am beyond thrilled for.
- Writing is not something I feel very confident about. I was more of a math and sports girl myself.
- My blog name, Laundry Prayers, comes from all the time I have spent in the garage at the washing machine praying for strength, wisdom, and forgiveness to get me through another day as a Mom.
- I am not a grammar nazi in fact I am sure there are lots of mistakes and misuses of commas.
4 Of My Favorite Things.
- I love the St Louis Cardinals and have been a huge fan my whole life. My parents grew up outside of St Louis and have generations of Cardinal fans in their family. Unfortunately my husband is a Dodger fan. My 3 boys are Cardinal fans but my daughter is being swayed by her Dad.
- Dr Pepper is my drink of choice. I would drink it all the time if it wasn’t so bad for me. Hoping to find some fun Dr Pepper stuff in Texas.
- When going on a road trip I would always choose chips over cookies for a snack. I am a salty snack fan.
- This year I have started baking my own bread. I have made sourdough, sandwich, hamburger buns, English muffins, and breadsticks. By far the most delicious kind is pretzel bread. I wrote about my bread making here.